The kitchen is one of the most remodeled rooms in a home, and for good reason. It’s where you spend a lot of time every day, and it only makes sense to make updates.
Here are some fun and unique kitchen remodeling ideas for your home:
- Add shelving instead of new cabinets. Everyone would welcome more space in their kitchen. Adding shelving instead of cabinets creates just as much space – and it’s less expensive.
- Add new lights. Many homeowners are surprised by how much new life and character can be brought into their existing kitchen by just adding light fixtures – especially over islands and underneath cabinets.
- Add in a new vent hood over your cooktop. There are a wide variety of vent styles available. Consider adding a new, modern or antique vented hood for a unique look and feel.
- Rolling islands. While many kitchens have a stationary island, if your home wasn’t built with one, adding one to a kitchen that doesn’t have one can be expensive and time-consuming. Instead, consider adding a movable island. They can typically be found in home improvement stores.
- Wallpaper. Consider adding one with a unique and fun print to add character to your kitchen environment.
- New countertops. If your existing counters are starting to show their age, consider replacing them. A lot of home builders are starting to use concrete as a counter surface because each slab is different.
- Breakfast nook. Many families are rushed in the mornings. Enjoy what time you have together with a small breakfast nook in your kitchen. These can easily be created with old stools and a small table.
- New sink. Antique sink styles have become all the rage with kitchen remodeling. Check around and see if you can find an old farmhouse-style sink to give your kitchen an interesting new look.
- Ceiling fan. Does your kitchen have a standard fan? Check your local home improvement store and see what different styles are available.
- Wall décor. There is a lot of unique kitchen wall décor available. Don’t limit yourself to prints of food-related items for your kitchen walls. Jazz things up with geometric shapes, wall candles, lights and more.