Preferred Gas Line Protection
Receive comprehensive coverage for your gas line with the Preferred Gas Line Protection plan. This includes coverage for repairs and leaks with gas piping to appliances located inside and outside of the home, such as gas grills, lamp posts, pool heaters and detached garages.
Important: If you smell natural gas in your home, leave immediately. Do not operate anything that could cause a spark, including lights, cell phones, flashlights, and appliances. From a safe location, call 911 and your local utility, which will dispatch a crew to check on the source of the odor and make the area safe.
- What's Included
Up to $3,500 for Repair Coverage
- Repairs to exterior natural gas lines (such as those running to detached garages and outdoor appliances like grills, lamp posts, pool heaters).
- Opening up walls to access natural gas pipes in need of a covered repair.
- Repairs of interior gas pipes or connectors from the point after the meter.
- Reimbursement of up to $1,000 for professional restoration costs (such as painting, drywall, filling in holes, or landscape restoration) necessitated by a covered repair.
- No waiting period; coverage begins as soon as your enrollment is approved.
- Up to $3,500 in protection per year to cover repairs to leaks on interior gas lines that can develop over time due to every day wear and tear Includes an annual in-home inspection of your interior natural gas lines, appliance connectors and shutoff valves.
Note: Gas pipes and connectors must be with reasonable access Gas piping must be 1/2 to 1-1/4 inch pipe of a type certified by the American Gas Association, National Fuel Gas Code or the National Fire Protection Association Gas piping must be installed to meet local, state and federal codes.
Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply. For complete information on the plan, including applicable terms and conditions, see the Customer Agreement.
- Convenient monthly billing options available
- Professional service from our skilled, in-house technicians or pre-qualified local service providers
- Phone service is available 365 days per year, 24/7
- No deductibles or trip charges
- Add your plan with confidence. Your can cancel your plan any time with 30 days’ notice and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you are on the plan.